September 21st 2008
World Alzheimer´s Day at Cielito Lindo
Thank you very much for atending the first congress about Alzheimer’s in San Miguel de Allende that took place last Sept 21st 2008 and make it such a great success.
Did you know that …
- As many as 5.2 million people in the United States are living with Alzheimer´s.
- 10 million baby boomers will develop Alzheimer´s in their lifetime.
- Every 71 seconds, someone develops Alzheimer´s.
- Alzheimer´s is the sixth-leading cause of death.
- The direct and indirect costs of Alzheimer´s and other dementias to Medicare, Medicaid and businesses amount to more than $148 billion each year. (in the United States only)